Saturday, April 4, 2015

A-Z Challenge: Random Acts of Kindness beginning with "D"

Throughout the A-Z Challenge I'll be blogging through the alphabet using each letter to create a list of Random Acts of Kindness. I've been collecting RAK ideas for some time now as I gear up to the 2016 launch of a project dear to my heart: B(e) Kind 366. I'll be performing an act of kindness every day of the leap year starting January 1st, 2016 while raising funds for World University Service of Canada (WUSC), an organisation that changed my life.

I'm starting each post with a synonym (of sorts) for kindness. I added this part to my posts because of an amazing movement I am a part of 1000 Voices Speak for Compassion. We link up monthly and blog about changing the world for the better. It's magical really. We're even on Twitter! @1000Speak

D is for Dedication

Dance – with a loved one, with a stranger, by yourself, in public, in private, in the rain! Take a dance class alone or with a partner. Play the video below and dance right now!
Date Night – plan one with someone special, plan one for someone else. Deliver a date nightbox!
Diapers – donate some, leave some along with wipes on a public washroom change table.
Ding Dong Ditch – a nice surprise for a friend, neighbour, complete stranger!
Documentary – watch one! 
Donate – money, goods (clothing, food, toys, school supplies, hygiene products), items to a charity yard sale, your time. The Stephen LewisFoundation organizes an Aeroplan donation campaign every year. Make an appointment to donate blood. Fill out your organ donor card or register online!
Drink – more water! Buy one for a friend!
Drive Thru – pay for the person behind you! 

That's it for my "D" List! Please help me build my list of Random Acts of Kindness by leaving suggestions in the comments!

Want to win some Jane Austen swag?! Who doesn't?! Check out my super fun "If Jane Austen Blogged A-Z" post and test your Janeite knowledge!

12 comments:

  1. The drive through was a huge success a few years back with regard to Starbucks Coffee I think. You're really doing well with your list making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working on a master list for some time, Sandy. These letter-themed ones just took some sorting through that master list and making them a little more fun to read!

      Delete
  2. Dancing with a loved one is so liberating! and yea..all the other pointers are wonderful..drinking more water, paying for the person behind you...your thoughts show what a wonderful person you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We all need to dance more often!

      Delete
  3. Dancing is fun! I loved all the D letters of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful theme. I don't think there can too many examples of random acts of kindness.

    Jean, back from the Grand Tour and visiting for the A-Z Challenge from Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer Number 209 on the A-Z List.

    Jean Schara
    Blackbirds First Flight (Quin)
    Blackbirds Second Flight (Glaring Upheaval and Fluffy Malone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There certainly cannot! Mind you, coming up with 366 is a bit of a challenge!

      Delete
  5. I guess you covered up almost everything with D. I can't think much right away bug if anything comes up I will surely come back to prompt. Lovely list. It sounds like fairly amazing. You are beautiful, inside and out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do stop back in if you think of something for me to add! And thank you for the very kind words

      Delete
  6. That's such a lovely theme. Thank you for stopping by and I am glad your link got me here. You have got some great ideas there for RAK! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you stopped by for a visit!

      Delete